Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Why I Live Here...



A lot of people ask me what brought me to Bluffton, SC from Baltimore, MD.  Bluffton is not your fast paced city.  It is simple, relaxed and easy. Which is exactly how I wanted to live my life.  It is a town that washes away your stress with salt water when you are taking a boat cruise down the May River.  It is a town where everyone waves as you walk by.  In our case, people wave and laugh at us when we walk by because of the four golden's leading the way...

Bluffton is also the type of place you can drive your golf cart down to the river for a spontaneous Thursday evening picnic with your friends.  This picnic was at the Bluffton Oyster Factory, about a 2 minute golf cart ride from our house.  After a crazy/long  day at work Marisa, Ashley and I decided it was a MUST to unwind.  What better way than hanging out by the river!
 So, we loaded up the cheese and crackers and of course the wine and headed to one of my favorite places in this quaint town...I mean just the scenery alone could be a painted piece of artwork. 


This type of evening is something I urge people to do!  Sitting outside in a beautiful, peaceful, and soothing location can take all the stress off of your shoulders.  Having wine also helps calm you too...if you didn't know. 

Just another reason why Bluffton will always be my happy place.  During our picnic no one interrupted us or mocked us.  You can be yourself in this town.  You can sit with your two girlfriends in a "romantic" setting in the middle of a water front park and no one says a thing. How wonderful is that! No judging, no laughing, everyone just going about their evening. 



A little side note: I cannot take credit for this picnic set up at all. Marisa is such the planner of the group and she turned a simple picnic into a mouth watering vision.  If it wasn't for her planning this elegant evening I would be drinking my wine out of a red solo cup.

You will have to ask her what types of cheeses are in this spread and where she got them.  All I know is everything was delicious except the pepperoni....(repping for all the vegetarians out there).



We are lucky enough to call this place home.  
This is a town where people from around the world travel to visit, and we have it in our backyard.  Bluffton, South Carolina is painted with beautiful sunsets and the streets are decorated with oyster shells.  Even the smell of this town makes me happy!  Pluff mud soaking in and calming our minds.  Dolphins dance in the river and birds constantly sing.  Who wouldn't want to live in this town? 


I have lived in Bluffton for about 11 years now and I do not think we are going anywhere.  Bluffton is our home and I will always cherish this blessing of a town. 

Outfit:
Earrings: Bella & Bloom  


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig