Monday, September 24, 2018

Riding On Bikes With Chickens

Take a ride with me...and my chickens.
Some take dogs on bike rides, some have their baskets full of champagne and flowers...
Nope, I have chickens! 




This blog post is going to focus on this beautiful dress from VICI, one of my most favorite online stores and where I spend most of my paycheck!

Dress: VICI
Makeup (foundation): IT Cosmetics (from QVC- gotta love those easy pays)
Makeup: Too Faced 

Yes, we are now in the fall season, but here in South Carolina it still feels like summer.  In this post this dress is worn without a jacket because it was 100 degrees outside when shooting.  But, I think this dress will look awesome with a black leather jacket or a cute sweater.  I am a firm believer that even in the fall and winter seasons you can get away with bright colors.  I would not let the bright yellow scare you away from wearing this dress in the fall!  One trend for Fall 2018 is bright colors.  Bright Oranges,  Bright Pinks, Turquoise, etc. I think yellow is a great color for the fall and allows women to look outside of the normal fall colors and be more of a stand out in a crowd look. 

I also paired this look with just my dirty feet! If I would wear this look out I would pair this dress with a great nude heel.  The sheer bottom half of the dress allows you to wear a statement shoe and still have it be seen in this maxi dress.  
Also, a nice flat would look nice as well if you did not want to wear heels.  I am not a big flats fan, so in most of my posts you will either see a heel or no shoes at all. 

I would love to hear your opinion about heels vs flats.  I personally think heels make the look.  I will forever wear heels instead on flats...or just go barefoot (hence the very dirty bottom of my feet). 
Do you rather wear flats over heels? Give me your honest opinion! 
Or, would you rather go barefoot?


Also paired with this look is Miss Vader, the Chicken. She is one of my Silkies and the most mellow.  Not a lot of my chickens would agree to a bike ride in a basket.  



Another reason I love this dress is how it creates effortless confidence.  I am firm believer that when women feel confident in their clothes they produce a radiance that cannot be measured.  This is a simple look that everyone could wear! It is flattering in the places that need to be accentuated and forgivable in places that women like to hide.  The material on this dress will look nice on any shape. 

Plus, if the neckline is a little too low or if you do not like showing off your arms, like I said a jacket or little sweater will look great with this piece as well.  
Later on in the fall I will get some more shots of this dress with layering options.  


 We did have a chicken swap...I had to have my girl Candy Corn in some of these photos.  Candy Corn is by far my favorite chicken.  She is great at posing, but not so great at sitting in this basket!



This dress could also be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion.  For example I wore this as a casual bike ride around town dress.  But, I would also wear this dress with a big statement necklace, heels and my hair pulled back in a bun for an evening look or night out on the town.  



The bottom detailing of this dress is amazing.  It is one of my favorite components of this dress. It was what grabbed my attention at first and had me add this dress to my shopping cart. 
It is unique, girly and really regal.



 In closing this blog post, I want to reiterate that this look will be amazing on any body type.  
One of my main passions and reasons I started this blog was to help encourage women to embrace different clothes and looks.  I want to help spread confidence to whomever reads my blog.  

I also love styling people! I love helping women and men embrace change and learn to love their body and how to dress their body type appropriately.  

A great outfit can make your day! Let me help you get closer to loving yourself and loving clothes!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig