Friday, July 12, 2019

Work Hard, Brunch Harder!


How to create a picturesque brunch for social media!

Wouldn't you agree that brunch is all about the Instagram-ability now a days. I am here to give a quick summary on how to make your brunch more Instagram worthy!

1. Find a picturesque location.  This brunch was held on my front porch, which helps these pictures look even more "lowcountry" and southern. 

2. Use bright colors! We decided to use very bright fruits which helps make the pictures even more eye-catching. As you can see we spread the colorful fruits around the entire table. We decided to use strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, mini bananas, oranges, cherries, grapefruit, raspberries and clementines. 
So use plenty of bright colors!

We included bright plates and napkins to again add some personality to the pictures. 


3. Add some florals.  We decided on sunflowers because who doesn't love sunflowers!? I believe that every table should have some sort of florals added into the decorations!

4. Get a great friend to have brunch with! Marisa and I picked comfy robes for this brunch.  You can also change it up and have a fancier brunch with Sunday church attire, but it was hot and early so robes and messy hair was the winner!
 Also, find a friend who likes decorating! Marisa is the main reason this table looks so amazing! I am grateful she has a better eye for detail than I do!!


5. Take many pictures and many different angles. We want to showcase all of the details and give dimension to the shots. 

6. Pick food you will actually eat! The worst thing to do is pick food that you don't like! As you can see there is NO bacon or sausage on this brunch table! You don't want to spend so much time on planning the brunch and taking pictures and then throw the food away!! Pick food that you will actually eat during the shoot. 


7. Add a little humor to the shoot. It's a must with my pictures! There has to be some sort of wit or humor scattered throughout. 
I need my readers/followers to smile!


8. Add a chicken :) 
Ok, I know most people can't add a chicken! But, I do recommend adding an animal. Again, that helps when it comes to likes, comments or shares!






 Although these pictures are super cute, I gotta be honest and tell you that since it’s Bluffton, South Carolina, it was BLAZING hot. I didn’t even try to fix my hair…I figured I could get away with that since I was going for that bed head look and I figured that would just have to do to make my hair acceptable for this specific occasion!



9. Have fun! Let your creativity shine through! Don't worry about looking silly, because silliness always looks awesome in pictures!


I hope these few tips will help you and your friends plan an Instagram worthy brunch!

Until next time,  stay fashionably golden my friends!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig